Sunday, March 14, 2010

Apricot Tree

I woke up to Mimi barking like crazy at seven in the morning. So I had to get out of bed and see what all the commotion was about. There were a couple of workers standing around the apricot tree. It is the tree that made the blossom for my blogs banner. Anyways I quickly went to my parents room to ask what they were doing here. My mom told me that they were taking the tree down...
I wanted to cry. I love that old tree I have so many memories with it. As a little girl it seemed so big. I always told my dad that I wanted him to build a tree house in it. I didn't realize how small it was until i got older. It would be way too tiny and weak to support a tree house. Unfortunately these days it doesn't produce fruit. O but it had it's years of amazing apricots. We use to have so many of them. My dad would shake the tree and hundreds of apricots would fall to the floor. I can't believe they are cutting it down and nobody even told me. The tree usually looks dead most of the time except spring where blossoms cover it. In fact yesterday I was so excited to see a couple of flowers about to bloom. I ran inside to take a picture. I was actually going to write this blog yesterday but it was going to be about how I was looking forward to seeing the tree covered in blossoms this spring.
Isn't that horribly sad. O well life goes on. It's kind of funny how a silly tree being taken out can get you down.
But thank God I took these picture yesterday morning.

Here are the last shots of our beloved apricot tree.

Here is a blossom that will never bloom. (I can hear them sawing away as I type)

Goodness I am terribly dramatic.
I hope my depressing Morning will transform into a wonderful one when I get to church.

Have a Happy Sunday everyone.
xo
-Esther

No comments: