Friday, October 12, 2012

Pattern Making

DSC_0229
DSC_0247
I really want to learn how to make my own patterns. There are so many things I want to make but I just don't know how to sew up the designs I have in my head. I often attempt to create simple little things like the top below. It was a easy enough design that I knew I could just draft out and then simply sew. It turned out pretty cute but I knew I had to have someone try it out to see the fit. It was a bit small for Livie but she didn't mind at all. In fact she didn't want to take it off. I know you all are probably thinking, Why are you making something like that now that it is fall? Well like I said earlier since I'm attempting to make my own little designs they need to be pretty darn basic. But tonight I am going to attempt to draft out a pattern for something a bit more challenging. I will be sure to share the results.DSC_0251
I tried to take the pictures while Livie was dancing and singing around the room. She wasn't a fan of standing still. Who can blame her, after all she is only two. Hopefully I can get better photos next time.DSC_0267DSC_0277
Time to sew some more. ciao.
xo
-esther

No comments: