Thursday, January 24, 2013

Little Knits

It's raining today and that makes me so very happy. I really wish we had more of this cold dreary weather. It makes me want to eat a hot bowl of soup, sip some tea, and knit. This morning I made some delicious cranberry scones. I think I have a new favorite recipe.DSC_0691DSC_0702
I've been sick these past few days so Iv'e been staying in doors lately. I find myself sitting on my bed or the couch knitting quite a bit. Yesterday I finished making a darling baby sweater. I have yet to make a sweater for myself and thought I'd test my endurance with something small first. Looks like that was a good idea because I honestly don't think I have the patience to knit something so big like an adult size sweater. But perhaps the reason I got bored with this little sweater was because it was the knit stitch over and over again! The pattern can be found here.Now I am just dying to start a new project. Maybe something for me.DSC_0677DSC_0680DSC_0683DSC_0711DSC_0705
Well that's all for now. I'll be back soon with more crafty stuff. Tonight I'm leaving for a quilting retreat and I am so excited. I'm planning on making a lone star quilt!!
Until then

xo
-esther

2 comments:

Mademoiselle Marie said...

Hope you're feeling better! The baby sweater is adorable!!! I love the colors :)
Knitting sweaters is quite addictive. Or rather, wearing hand knitted sweaters is quite addictive! I have like 15 sweaters in my queue I really REALLY wanna make but I currently can't afford the yarn. Wish is kind of good, because if I had an interesting knitting project sitting here I wouldn't be able to study anymore! hehe.

Have fun at the quilting retreat :)

Laurel Krynock said...

Oh my goodness, I adore that sweater! You picked perfect colors! Is it an easy pattern? I pinned it a long time ago and would love to try it.