Sunday, August 28, 2011

20

Here I am on the eve of my 21st birthday reflecting on my life (specifically last year) The good Lord has blessed me in so many ways. And the crazy thing is I don't deserve any of it. I count all my joys as blessings from my savior.

To say my 20th year was amazing is a huge understatement. I mean it was by far one of the greatest years of my dear life.
I learned so much.
Serious life lessons that have left a huge impact on me.
I saw so much.
I traveled to four different countries.
England
France
Spain
Italy
I met so many people.
Through the church in England
Through the school here in LA
Through the church in Spain.

What a truly wonderful time in my life.

Now let me begin my "20th year" recap.

A little over a week after my birthday I headed to the United Kingdom to study. How lovely it was to live in a new country. I daydream about England so often. England always seems to creep into my mind. I have nothing but fond thoughts of my time there. I would go back in a heart beat.
St. Paul's Cathedral
Borough Market
delicious meals.long walks in london
sigh looking through this pictures make me miss London even more. How blessed am I to have had such a wonderful experience?
About a month into my stay in London we took a weekend trip to France. It was so surreal. I mean really a trip to France in a weekend?! One of my favorite things about Europe is that your able to do trips like that. Everything is so close. It's fantastic.
DSC_7351
Ice Cream
well hello eiffel tower
Versailles
DSC_7414
Versailles was one of the most beautiful places I saw in France.
DSG_7202
Versailles was one of the most beautiful places I saw in France.
DSG_7226
Notre Dame
After the France trip I headed back to England and stayed for another six weeks.
DSC_7977
DSC_6774
DSC_9032
I fell in love with all the lovely buildings and architecture.
london
O how I miss the sweet London streets so different from the ones I walk here in the states.
DSC_7962
Oh and I forgot to mention one of the reasons this time in my life was so wonderful was because I got to share it with one of my best friends, Gabriela. We have known each other since we were little newborns. (were 3 months apart) It was so great to travel this beautiful world with her.

Coming home certainly wasn't easy both Gaby and I wanted to stay longer. But the joy of knowing we would see our families made it alot better.

For about two months I had no job and I didn't go to school. It was wonderful besides not having any money. I spent a good deal of time at home sewing, baking, and doing some major room re organizing. I just loved it. I'm really not one of those people who has to be doing something. I find it very easy to keep myself occupied. I also was able to volunteer with my little darlings in Jordan Downs.
little darlings
I adore them.

Then I started school to pursue becoming a pastry chef. I was really excited for this new type of learning. It is so different from the traditional college setting. So much better in my perspective. I started making sooooo many different breads and other baked goods. It was lovely.
baugettes

A week before school started I decided to cut some bangs. Something I hadn't had since I was in first grade. At first I hated them but now I have come to really like them.
haircut

Below are a couple pictures of me and the sister. This past year our relationship has grown a lot stronger. What a blessing that has been. We use to fight so much. It was really terrible. But now not so much. It's great. She is a real gem of a girl and I love her so much.
Thanksgiving pre hair cut
sister
and easter with the bangs.
sista

In March I got a job. Woohooo.......not. Sometimes I just can't stand it. But in all honesty I thank God that I am employed cause I certainly need the money. Life is expensive!
work

A couple weeks after I finished the school year I headed to New England with the family. It was pretty amazing. I absolutely love family vacations. They make me feel like a little kid all over again.
DSC_2757
What happiness my family brings me.
DSC_2926
I think he is one of the funniest guys around and im not just saying that cause he's my brother.DSC_0090
why am I such a dessert junkie....
DSC_0234
By far they are my favorite blessing^
broken
So seconds after I took the picture above I dropped the camera and broke it. RIP Nikon D70 we saw some great places together New York, London, and Paris. I was devestated. I needed a camera quick. So my father and I went to Sams Club in New Hampshire and bought one. Thank the Lord I had already been saving my pennies for a new one. My parents decided to pay a huge chunk of it too as a early birthday present. Well my devestation quickly turned into happiness when I had my new Nikon D3100 in my hands. I love it.
So far these are my favorite photos I have taken with it.
DSC_0123
DSC_2677
Gosh it was a great vacation. I forgot to mention we got to spend time with my aunt and cousins who live in New York. We did all sorts of touristy things with them. So fun.

About a week after we came home the sister and I headed to Spain for a mission trip. Ohhh it was so amazing. What a wonderful time we had helping at a preschool and elderly home.
DSC_0102
DSC_0103
DSC_0030
My heart was full of joy throughout the entire trip. I truly miss all the people we met.
After we were done serving in Spain we spent a couple days in Italy (again this is why I love Europe)
DSC_0133
amazing.
DSC_0311
I still can't believe I saw the collosseum.
DSC_0487
After we flew back to Spain and spent the day with the friends we made at the church there, it was really great to spend one last evening with them before we headed home.

So basically I started being 20 in England and ended it in Spain. Woah. Dreams really do come true. For as long as I can remember I have been asking God to give me "many travels." Little did I know that he would be so quick to answer.

There are three things I treasure deeply
1. my savior
2. my family
3. my travels (more like the memories I have of the amazing places I've seen)

These three things are what seem to always be on my mind.

Thank you Lord for each one.
I am so grateful for the relationship I have with you. I pray I always find my strength in you. Once again thank you for my 20th year of life. I will always treasure it. What a great year it was.

I adore you sweet savior.
-esther

No comments: