Sunday, January 30, 2011

everything

Tonight Gaby and I went to a London reunion party at the home of one of the professors. We all just chatted and reminisced about England.

Oh it was so nice to live there. We had our church our dear friends and our sweet home. Gosh it was so different from my everyday life here in the US. I loved all the different things that England had to offer.

I'm just dying to get out of the US again. I have the traveling bug. Gosh I have it bad. I somehow caught it when I was young. I traveled to Mexico when I was seven and from that moment I knew I developed a fascination of cultures. I just love learning about traditions. Different foods, style of dress, and language seem to have always interested me. My trip to Samoa only fanned the traveling flame. I'm so glad I got to experience that when I was fifteen. I learned so much and I thank God for sending me there.

Not only do I enjoy traveling outside of the country but in the US too. I love that our country is so big and offers so much for us to see. From the great lakes to the grand canyon.

I have lived such a blessed life. Between the ages of 10 and 14 I went to the east coast 4 times. Twice to New York and twice to Florida. Three of those times I went without my parents. They are so selfless. My dad has not yet made his way out to the East coast but he sent me on every trip. I know he would love to go but he has always put me and my siblings first and that feels my heart with joy. Thank you Lord for blessing me with giving parents.

So I have been wanting to go on a mission trip for a few of years now. Right when I got back from Samoa I wanted to go serve somewhere else and that was nearly five years ago. I'm praying that I will get to go on one soon.I would love to do a summer mission trip. I think I could be a lot more effective in someones life if I was in that place for around three months opposed to two weeks although the Lord can do great things in just days. Time is nothing to the creator of the universe.

I still struggle with knowing what the Lord wants for me. I dream of being a stay at home wife/mama to lots of kids or an out of the country missionary. I could of course be both but this all depends on who I marry. Lord willing I do marry. Oh I pray I do everyday. I just know that If I were not to marry I don't want to end up being a single pastry chef even if I was working at someplace extraordinary like the Ritz. I would prefer to cook good healthy meals for children in an orphanage. I think that would be wonderful. Gah I'm going off on a tangent. This matter can be written about at another time.

Anyways, I heard that our church might be going to Spain which is extremely exciting. I'm already infatuated with Europe and think it would be amazing to serve there. I would absolutely love to go but I am asking the Lord if it is in his will for me to. Gosh, I sure hope it is. But I really need to talk to God about it before I get my hopes up for going. I think the most important thing about going on a mission trip is making sure that you have been chosen by God to go there. So I will continue to pray and see if the Lord wants to send me.

As for now I get my fix of mission work at the dream center. I don't know what I would do without that place. I love that I get to serve every Saturday with the most amazing people. I have met people from all over the world. People from New Zealand, Hong Kong, Australia, England, Canada, Germany and so many other places.

P.S. I finally found my Jordan Downs girls. I was so Happy I was near tears. Further explanation and photos tomorrow.

Goodness this post was all over the place. I just needed to get some of that stuff out of my head.

Night
xo
-esther

No comments: