Sunday, July 15, 2012

cultures.

I absolutely love learning about other cultures. I am fascinated by the way people from all around the globe live, eat, and communicate with each other. It's wonderful being able to learn traditions that are specific to a nation. What better way to experience another culture by actually "living, eating, and communicating with people" of a different land. I just feel so blessed to be able to do this yet again. What a wonderful opportunity.

As I get to experience day to day life here in Spain I realize how different this country is from my own. It's quite nice to change it up a bit. It will be strange to go home and readjust to the American life. I don't know why it is always harder for me to go back home and live like an american then to leave and embrace a new culture. I always seem to get culture shock coming home as opposed to leaving to another country. When I get back to the U.S. I am blown away by all that we have. Everything is so big in the and we can be so wasteful. It's shocking. You truly can understand this when you leave your country and spend months in one that doesn't run that way.

Well here are a few photos from Friday afternoon. We spent part of the day cleaning and then went out for drinks and tapas. By the way Spanish Ham is amazing!Something I will definitely miss!
DSC_0001DSC_0002
DSC_0011DSC_0008DSC_0009
xo
-esther

No comments: