Tuesday, November 9, 2010

happy day

Today when I got to school I found 3 letters in the mail. I was so excited. Oh and did I mention they were from some of my favorite people in the whole wide world, my mother, my father, and my best friend. I needed those letters to get me through my long day of classes.
Stress is beginning to creep back into my life. Here is what is on the agenda this week
a ten page paper on Henry VIII
a 4-8 page paper on feminist poetry
a paper on how women writers have impacted the ones that followed
a few questions on a economics book that I have yet to read
and then a few other small assignments.

So dear friends, will you pray that I "keep calm and carry on" just like the British say. As much as I just feel like not doing it and going out to explore the city I know I shouldn't.

Oh good news you know that econ midterm I was freaking out about. The one that had me staying in all day and up all night. Well...I got an A on it. This is going to sound extremely pessimistic. But you know how everyone says "when you get your paper back and see your good grade you will feel so good and it will all be worth it." Well all I can think about is how I wont get those days back. O how I wish they weren't spent on that dumb paper. I mean I had no life that week.

So I suppose I have another prayer request. Please pray that my attitude is more positive before, after and during the assignments. I mean I can't continue to think like this. It's absolutely absurd.

I'm going to try and put all my energy into trying to quickly complete these paper and assignments so I can enjoy the rest of my time here. If it takes pulling more all nighters so be it. I am going to do it!!

I'm going to eat some dinner and then start my paper.
Goodnight friends.
xo
-esther

No comments: