Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pretty little toy


So I had a pile of lovely scraps and thought I should make them into something fun.

So I cut them

into pentagons and octagons

and sewed them up to make this pretty little ball.

I love how all the fabrics look together. They would make such a beautiful scrap quilt.

Gosh I can't wait to have kids. They are going to have lots of homemade stuff. Blankets, clothes, and toys. But who knows if I will actually have time to make all that stuff when I do have my own children to take care of. I sure hope so. Well thousands women did it in the past and Im sure I can do it too. I will need to be super structured with my days. O I can't wait.

The pattern for the ball is from Anna Maria Horner's Seams to Me book. She is one of my favorite fabric designers.

Praying for the people in Chile who don't have a warm bed to sleep in tonight. May the Lord fill them with comfort in these hard times.
Good night
xo
-Esther

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Miss Esther! You are so creative and talented!! Just beautiful in every single way! I can't wait for you to be a mommy someday! :)

{eleise} said...

This is a super great idea! I'm so gonna have to try this! =)