Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You're Where?

I'm in Spain. Yep, pretty crazy, right?

Oh my it happened so fast.
and by fast I mean FAST.
If someone told me ten days ago I would be in Spain right now I would have thought they were nuts.
I had signed up for an AuPair sight on May 4th and only dreamed I would get a job in Europe. I thought if anything I could land a job in Los Angeles or possibly somewhere else in the U.S.
But then it happened someone contacted me to work as a AuPair in her home in Valencia.
DSC_0130
And now here I am all the way in the beautiful country of Spain.
I had always wanted to do some traveling on my own. It always seemed like it would be so liberating. So thats exactly what I did. It was strange sitting in the Madrid airport alone waiting to catch another flight. Not an American in sight. Just me in a sea of spanish speakers. Such a strange and foreign feeling it was. In my life I have done quite a bit of traveling but never solo. This takes my traveling to a whole other level.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for me in Spain. He is so good to me. I had wonderful flights and now I am in a comfortable home. With a very kind family.

I can't wait to see what's next.

P.S. I plan on blogging everyday so be sure to check back!

xo
-Esther

No comments: