Friday, June 8, 2012

life

Some days are easy while other days can be frustrating.
Today was one of those days.
The kind where you're like.
Really, really.
Why isn't life easier...

DSC_0046

But I have to admit when I look at my small problems I am able to understand how truly blessed I am.

I have food.
I have freedom.
I have love.
I have a family.
I have people who genuinely care about me.
I have a relationship with the creator of the universe.

I think about the people who don't have those things and the thought of me complaining or getting angry over something stupid sickens me.

Yes today was hard.
and yes I got angry.

But at the end of the day I am going to count my blessings instead of worrying about the things that are going "wrong" in my life.

Besides the fact that dwelling on negative things just makes you feel worse it also kind of makes you selfish. It makes you focus inwardly and reaps nothing good. Instead I must use my energy to bless the life of others not sit an sulk in my said "problems."

No doubt about it "Life is hard"
Something my parents always told me.
But it's true.

Life IS hard.

It's hard and beautiful all at the same time.

There is good and there is bad.

what do you let your mind dwell on?

The answer to this question says loads about oneself.

The Lord knows I have been one of those people who put far too much time and energy complaining to myself and loved ones about what I didn't have.

But I want to be a girl who dwells on all things good. It is hard to train ones mind to do that. But it is indeed possible.




Dear friends please continue to pray for me as I am in a foreign country and continue to struggle to communicate. Safety and the relationship with the family I am staying with are 2 things I would love for you to pray for.

Well on another note! Today is Friday and I am so excited for the weekend. I hope you all have a wonderful one too.

besos.
-esther.



1 comment:

Jennifer E. said...

May God's grace be enough for today. May you know that thousands of miles away, you are loved and being prayed for and over.