Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Looking Back: 2000

Goodness some of these pictures are horribly embarassing. I would even go so far to say that most of them are. haha. I honestly couldn't bring myself to post some of them. I was laughing so hard at some of the hideous outfits I wore. There was a whole mess of pictures of me in a hideous oversized forest green sweater with an ugly grey baseball cap in which I wore backwards. Ya it was bad.
Okay where to began...
Well when the year 2000 began I was a nine year old with some chubby cheeks. You will get to see them in many of the pictures below. Thank God that my cheeks are smaller these days.
Let me start with saying I had the most pleasant childhood. My parents were amazing. They still are. We did so many things in 2000 we went to Mammoth, Sacremento and San Francisco for vacation. O and my mama and I went to New York for a week to see my Aunt and cousins. I love that these photos bring back a rush of memories. O how I wish I could go back. For a week, a day, an hour, a minute, anything. Back in time.

So in third grade my teaher had all the students make a "All About Me" book. It was really fun we got to decorate it and write things about ourselves. Here are some of my answeres for the Favorite section of the book. I love how my favorite movie was the Wizard of Oz. It is still pretty high on my list of favorite movies. And of course I still like chihuahua's haha.

Somethings never change. Sewing is still a hobby I am passionate about.

We went up the coast on our trip to San Fran.

Do you like my hair. hahaha. I did it myself. yikes

I wore it this way often because I like how it looked when I took the braids out.

My little Family.

Trolley in San Francisco. Look at David's eyes.

My love of different kinds of food started young.

Sisters

Sacremento

Panning for gold

This takes me back. I loved our old vintage stove. It was so cute. We had to get rid of it because it didnt work so great.

My love of all things crafty started very young. Here I am with my mama and the loom I had wanted for a long time.

My Christmas gifts. I got peruvian barbie and Ken. I wanted the Mexican Barbie but the had sold out of her. haha. O and I got State Fair on VHS. I have always loved old movies.

Towel Head

My Stuart Little report. O remember when life was easy and the most important thing you had to do was a silly book report.

During the Summer I spent many of my days at my wonderful neighbors house. I was always swiming with them. We use to always play Mermaids in the pool. So fun.

Sam and I in the pool. I am so thankful that God placed such great friends across the street from me. So many memories from when I was young.

This is the year I learned real responsiblity. My parents bought me sweet little Sombra. She kept me on my toes. I would wake up early every morning to take care of this little one. I loved my baby Sombrita so much.

Here is when we went to CCV to see the play Wizard of Oz which our friend Taleah starred as Dorthy.

canoes in mammoth

The whole gang.

Random Fact: When I was in third grade I loved listening to Selena every morning when I woke up. Coryn always got mad at me because she wanted to listen to Superchick (a popular Christian band). I also listened to lots of Elvis and other oldies. My love for Elvis's music probably started when I was around five or six. Gosh I was such an odd little girl. When everyone was rocking out to Spice Girls all I wanted to listen to was "1957 Billboard Top Rock n Roll Hits" cd that I won at my dads work.
Ahhhh Those were the days

Okay I had to put this picture because Jackie is absolutely adorable in it. This is at one of the many pool parties we had that summer at my Uncle Ralphs house.

Pool time

I remember this so clearly. How was this ten years ago?

Okay this is me on my tenth birthday. I had never been on a plane before. My mom and I went all the way to New York to visit my Auntie Laura and cousins. It was so much fun. Orginally my mother was suppose to go on her own. But upon finding out that she would be gone for a week practically sent me into a panic attack. I was such a baby. I did not want her to leave at all. I couldn't handle her being away from me for a couple of days how could I handle a week? After a lot of crying my mother and father decided that they would allow their nine year old daughter to go too as a ten year old birthday gift. It was by far the nicest birthday gift I have ever gotten. Gosh, I was such a pain.

But boy was the trip wonderful.

We celebrated my birthday with balloons and cake when we got there.

I loved seeing all the history over there.

It was a wonderful trip and I would love to go back.

Well that's all I got. I can't wait to look through all the 2001 pictures.
O did you notice I gave the blog a mini makeover. I still want to make a few more changes but I am not very good with all the html stuff. So we'll see what I can do.

xoxo
-Esther

No comments: