Sunday, March 14, 2010

shopped

Today I went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market. I was planning on going with my buddy Bryan but he couldn't make it so I ended up going alone. I had the most wonderful time. The weather was absolutely perfect. There were so much pretty vintage clothes. I wanted just about everything. I bought some pretty fabric that is from around the forties to make a dress or blouse with. I was on the hunt for some old sewing patterns but only found a few. I also bought some pretty old postcards and a vintage blouse.
Then I drove around Pasadena for a bit and saw this.

I was so excited that I had to take a picture. Who knew that there was an Esther St?

When I came home I took a picture of my beautiful of orange tree. I couldn't help but wonder if I would wake up to a saw cutting it down tomorrow morning like what happened today with my apricot tree. (read post below for the story)

On a completely different note I found out that I will be doing the Daniel Fast with some of the church congregation. I am super excited about it. It will last until Easter. We are only fasting from some of the food groups. No dairy, meats, or breads. Basically I will be eating lost of brown rice, fruits, and veggies. I know this is going to make me shed a few pounds too. I hope it does but I know that weight loss is not what it is about. haha. It is a big plus though. So if you notice a change it is because I am fasting. Along with the fasting we will be doing a daily devotional and alot of prayer. I am excited to see what God is going to teach me through this.

So for my last meal I had chipotle and a Coca Cola. I am actually not really a soda drinker but I love the old fashioned bottles and just couldn't resist. I know I'm weird. haha. Well anyways that was my day.
O and tomorrow for the first 24 hours of the fast we can only drink liquids. I hope all goes well.

Night
xo
-Esther

No comments: