Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Rolls

Today I made some super easy spring rolls. I looked for recipes online but I couldn't really find any that I liked. Im really trying to stick to the Daniel Fast and eating spring rolls makes it a lot easier. So I made my own little recipe and here is what I came up with. I put some lettuce, sprouts, green onions, mint (this is my favorite ingredient), cilantro and carrots onto the spring roll paper
DSC_2408
DSC_2409
DSC_2421
Then I simply turned under the edges and rolled them right up. They are then ready to be enjoyed. See easy peasy and oh so delicious.
DSC_2423
DSC_2426
DSC_2435
These rolls taste wonderful with peanut sauce. I bought the peanut sauce and roll paper from a local market that sells lots of ingredients for Asain dishes but I read on the line that they are available at nearly all supermarkets. Hopefully soon I will try to make a peanut sauce of my own.

Night.
xox

2 comments:

Kim said...

i have a great recipe for peanut sauce!

1/4 c of peanut butter
soy sauce
3 Tbsp water
2 tsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1 clove garlic minced

put all ingredients in saucepan and whisk until smooth! :)

Esther said...

Thanks so much Kim! I will have to try it soon.